Position: Senior Project Engineer (Full-Time)
Location: Montreal, Canada (on-site)
Report to: Project Manager
CarbiCrete is a Montreal-based cleantech carbon removal company that develops innovative, low-cost building solutions that contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. CarbiCrete’s patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete using industrial by-products and captured CO2. The company offers concrete manufacturers the process, materials and support to make lower-cost, higher-quality precast concrete in a way that reduces their carbon footprint.
As we plan for the future, we look for dynamic and ambitious people like you who will assist us in developing the world of tomorrow.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Engineer. Reporting to the Project Manager, this role is critical in driving innovation and delivering sustainable solutions in alignment with CarbiCrete’s values and goals.
• Manage the incorporation of CarbiCrete manufacturing process at client site.
• Manage design, engineering, and commissioning of CO2 absorption equipment for CarbiCrete commercialization projects.
• Define retrofit requirements for customer sites, with main focus on equipment related to CO2 absorption.
• Identify and manage third-party companies that will design and manufacture the equipment.
• Identify and manage gas flow modelling required to design absorption equipment.
• Evaluate third-party proposed designs to optimize efficiency, compactness, and cost-effectiveness.
• Participate in creating budgets for CarbiCrete drying and curing systems while optimizing design costs.
• Offer technical expertise and support in troubleshooting drying and curing systems and equipment.
• Manage timelines and schedules for projects.
• Collaborate with the R&D team to integrate research and development into equipment design.
• Collaborate with the operations team to optimize equipment performance and propose improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil, Mechanical, or Structural). A master’s degree is preferred.
• Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project engineering in the construction sector.
• Deep understanding of physics, thermodynamics and HVAC systems.
• Experience in HVAC design, heating and cooling load calculations, air flow principles, duct work design, energy and electrical load computation.
• Command of the controls of heating / cooling systems (temperature, pressure, flow, humidity controls, etc.), P&I diagrams, and programming related to heating / cooling systems.
• Ability to use computer-aided-design software.
• Proven track record of successfully leading and managing complex projects from conception to completion.
• Ability to lead cross-functional project teams effectively.
• Knowledge of relevant industry regulations, codes, and standards.
• Commitment to safety protocols and ensuring that projects are executed with the highest safety standards.
• Proficiency in both English and French.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.