Position: Accounting Clerk
Location: Lachine, QC
CarbiCrete is a Montreal-based carbon removal technology company whose patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete made with industrial by-products and captured carbon dioxide. For every ton of concrete produced using the CarbiCrete process, 150 kg of CO2 are abated/removed. CarbiCrete was named to the Cleantech Group’s Global Cleantech 100 list for the second time in January 2022.
- Support the Director of Finance with day-to-day accounting duties, such as accounts receivable and payable, and audits
- Support the Director of Finance with month-end reports
- Complete applications and various government forms
- Support the Director of Finance in maintaining compliance with federal and provincial employment regulations
- Bank deposits
- Support day-to-day operations, by providing building access keys and backup to security access cards, etc.
- Maintain company organizational charts and the employee directory
- Apply continuous improvement methodology and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures for various departments and services
- Participate as needed in special department projects
- Prepare / modify documents including office communications, reports, presentations, etc.
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail
- Input and reconcile payroll
- Provide administrative support to the executive team
- Business Diploma or Degree with a specialty in a related area or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative or similar role
- Fully bilingual: French and English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office 365; specifically, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Quickbooks an asset
- Collaborative and team-centered approach to solving problems.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments
- Strong critical thinking skills and can proactively provide constructive solutions
- Strong business communication, writing, and presentation creation skills
Why work at CarbiCrete?
- 3 weeks vacation
- 1 week closure at during the holidays
- Hybrid work model
- Yearly bonus
- Parking onsite
- Work environment focused on green technology and innovation
- An organization that cares about sustainability
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org