Position: Director of Business Development
Location: Montreal, Canada
Report to: VP Business Development
CarbiCrete is a Montreal-based cleantech carbon removal company that develops innovative, low-cost building solutions that contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. CarbiCrete’s patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete using industrial by-products and captured CO2. The company offers concrete manufacturers the process, materials, and support to make lower-cost, higher-quality precast concrete in a way that reduces their carbon footprint.
As we plan for the future, we look for dynamic and ambitious people like you who will assist us in developing the world of tomorrow.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Business Development. Reporting to the VP Business Development, this new role will have an integral part to play in the growth and market development of CarbiCrete. They will be part of the expansion of the Business Development team and will help to drive the company to surpass its current achievements and set new milestones.
• Conduct in-depth market research to identify potential opportunities for CarbiCrete’s carbon-negative concrete technology with the construction industry.
• Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and emerging technologies to identify areas for innovation and growth.
• Develop and execute strategic business plans to expand CarbiCrete’s presence in both domestic and international markets.
• Prepare compelling proposals and presentations tailored to the needs and requirements of clients.
• Manage business development of projects with various (large and small) clients.
• Provide strategic sales and business development support to the VP Business Development.
• Be part of a team that develops partnerships and opportunities.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the company, including R&D, Marketing, and Operations, to ensure seamless project execution.
• Build and maintain key relationships with external stakeholders and partners throughout business development and project lifecycles.
• Take part in the definition of business models for each customer, analyze market segments, and help in identifying and implementing the company’s market entry strategy.
• Identify alternative opportunities and projects in concrete development, policy, market opportunities, etc.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders in reviewing and preparing project business cases.
• Committed to decarbonization and sustainability.
• B.A/B.Sc. in an analytical discipline (engineering, economics, business, etc.) or a relevant study combined with experience.
• 5-10 years in a business development role, preferably in the concrete or related industry.
• Knowledge or experience working with projects in the construction sector.
• Command of technical expertise to effectively communicate the advantages of CarbiCrete’s tech to potential clients and partners.
• Strong technical understanding of concrete tech and sustainable construction practices is a plus.
• Solid understanding of legal concepts and negotiating commercial business agreements.
• A quick learner with the ability to quickly understand complex and technical information received from diverse sources.
• Previous experience building strategic stakeholder plans for complex projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to cultivate, develop and maintain productive working relationships across the business with various stakeholders.
• Strong problem-solving skills to address and overcome current and future challenges.
• A self-starter with positive attitude and is driven to develop new business opportunities.
• Willing to travel as needed.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.