Position: Office Manager (Full-Time, Temporary 18 months)
Location: Montreal (Lachine), Canada
Start day: Immediate
CarbiCrete is a Montreal-based carbon removal technology company whose patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete.
The process replaces cement with steel slag, an industrial by-product, avoiding the emissions that are associated with cement production, while also trapping CO2 inside the concrete permanently.
CarbiCrete solves three problems while producing a valuable construction product: it permanently removes CO2, eliminates the need for cement and makes use of industrial waste.
CarbiCrete is licensing its technology to precast concrete makers and selling the carbon credits generated by its fully carbon-negative process. The company’s mission is 1 GT of carbon-negative concrete per year by 2030.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating the office administration and procedures. They also support IT and HR tasks such as onboarding and offboarding employees, policy implementation, and payroll.
Supervision and coordination of overall administrative and office activities, including
- facilitating day-to-day operations such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.
- Supervision of the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities
- Negotiating the purchase of office supplies, furniture, and office equipment, for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Administering various human resource procedures including onboarding and offboarding procedures, information to employees
- Coordinating IT equipment for new employees and conduct orientation
- Maintaining company organization charts and the employee directory
- Recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services
- Participating as needed in special departmental projects
- DEP in Administration or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in office administration
- Bilingual in English and French (spoken and written)
- Proficiency with the MS Suite & knowledge of Payroll software an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org