Position: Director of Finance (Full-Time, Permanent)
Location: Montreal (Lachine), Canada
Start day: Immediate
CarbiCrete is a Montreal-based carbon removal technology company whose patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete.
The process replaces cement with steel slag, an industrial by-product, avoiding the emissions that are associated with cement production, while also trapping CO2 inside the concrete permanently.
CarbiCrete solves three problems while producing a valuable construction product: it permanently removes CO2, eliminates the need for cement and makes use of industrial waste.
CarbiCrete is licensing its technology to precast concrete makers and selling the carbon credits generated by its fully carbon-negative process. The company’s mission is 1 GT of carbon-negative concrete by 2030.
We are seeking a seasoned finance leader who brings ample experience managing financial reporting and controls, understands the start-up environment, is highly motivated to help make a positive social impact, and enjoys a continually evolving working environment.
The Director of Finance is responsible for all financial matters of CarbiCrete Inc. Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Finance is a key member of the management team and works closely with the senior leadership to develop and implement finance, tax and associated business strategies across the organization. In this role, you will:
- Assess and provide insight on performance against CarbiCrete’s long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems in conjunction with other staff to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations.
- Create financial models and prepare pro forma financial statements based on CarbiCrete’s business model.
- Participate, and supporting fundraising efforts with financial institutions, and investors.
- Understand key program drivers, supply essential and timely reporting and financial and business analysis, and engage with the management team to drive understanding of financial issues, including forecasts and plans.
- Be the essential resource for the CFO in understanding and communicating key financial results and implications as well as risk management issues.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for investors, governments, and the Board of Directors.
- accounting, contracts and procurement;
- annual budget process;
- audits and proper filing of tax returns;
- cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed;
- banking relationships.
Minimum Skills & Requirements
- Education: CPA and/or MBA, required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in financial management and accounting.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of financial management strategies.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills.
- Collaborative and team-centered approach to solving problems.
- Fully bilingual: French and English, additional language a plus
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org