Position: Office Coordinator and Accounting Clerk (Full-Time)
Location: Montreal, Canada
Start day: June 2021
CarbiCrete is a Montreal-based carbon removal company that develops innovative, lowcost building solutions that contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. CarbiCrete’s patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbonnegative concrete using industrial by-products and captured CO2. The company offers concrete manufacturers the process, materials and support to make lower-cost, higherquality precast concrete in a way that reduces their carbon footprint.
Reporting to the Controller, with a dotted line to the COO, the Office Coordinator and Accounting Support Clerk position is a dual role which includes office management/accounting support and some HR coordination responsibilities. The position includes oversight of front office activities as well as responsibilities related to supporting the controller in executing their duties. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting HR initiatives that will be put in place to support growth.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is just as comfortable working autonomously as within a team and is also comfortable working in a less structured environment. The candidate should be corporate culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm to the office and offering up new ideas and programs.
- Supervision and coordination of overall administrative and office activities, including facilitating day-to-day operations such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.
- Supervision of the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities
- Arranging internal office moves
- Negotiation of the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Supporting the controller with their day-to-day functions by performing entry-level accounting duties as required such as help with accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, billing, audits, and journal entries
- Supporting the controller in preparing reports, input of data as required and completing applications for various government and other applications
- Administer various human resource procedures including onboarding and offboarding procedures, the establishment of tracking methods for various items such as vacation and training, approval of invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees
- Coordinate recruitment efforts and conduct new employee orientation
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services
- Support the controller in maintaining compliance with federal and provincial regulations concerning employment.
- Participation as needed in special department projects
- Minimum three years’ experience as an office administrator or a bookkeeper.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of various accounting software platforms
- Self-motivated, highly organized, able to take ownership of one’s work
- Ability to function effectively in a high-volume, workflow-based position
- Bilingual: English and French
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com