Position: Senior Construction Materials Technician (Full-Time)
Location: Montreal, Canada
Start day: Immediate
CarbiCrete is a Montreal-based carbon removal technology company whose patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete.
The process replaces cement with steel slag, an industrial by-product, avoiding the emissions that are associated with cement production, while also trapping CO2 inside the concrete permanently.
CarbiCrete solves three problems while producing a valuable construction product: it permanently removes CO2, eliminates the need for cement and makes use of industrial waste.
CarbiCrete is licensing its technology to precast concrete makers and selling the carbon credits generated by its fully carbon-negative process. The company’s mission is 1 GT of carbon-negative concrete per year in a decade.
- Supervise CarbiCrete’s production and testing laboratory
- Oversee lab activities and ensure that all heavy-duty equipment and machinery is maintained and in good condition
- Assist R&D engineers and management in the development, production, and testing of concrete products and construction materials
- Operate power tools, machines, and equipment
- Order, install and repair small to heavy-duty tools, instruments, and equipment
- Responsible for lab organization, cleaning, operation and maintenance, as well as ensuring all equipment and instruments are in working order
- Order laboratory supplies, consumables, and maintenance kits
- Manage and maintain inventory of materials and supplies
- Maintain detailed records of all lab activities, documents, and inventories
- Prepare, compile, and submit testing and analytical reports to R&D engineers
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or equivalent
- 10+ years in civil/construction field, laboratory testing and supervisory experience
- Experience testing pre-cast concrete products and samples and reporting results considered an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards for various concrete products
- Experience with Quality Control/Quality Assurance program considered an asset
- Laboratory testing experience with solid knowledge of test standards (ASTM and CSA)
- Ability to perform physical labour, including heavy lifting
- ASP or WHMIS certification
- Computer skills with MS Office (MS Word and Excel) and mathematical aptitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org